Sep 20, 2019
Social media has revolutionized the world. It has changed the way people communicate with each other, get their news, organize groups, and spend their time. But according to Jamie Gilpin, CMO of Sprout Social, too many marketers are treating this revolutionary innovation like it's nothing more than another advertising channel. On this episode of Marketing Trends, Jamie explains why more marketers need to make social a core part of their marketing strategy, and how doing so can lead to greater insights, better customer connection, and faster growth.
“I think social media is, in many ways, our chance as marketers to be that clear mirror for the organization to provide customer insights that most departments don't have.”
Full Notes & Quotes: http://bit.ly/2m0PQnt
Jamie’s LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/jamiegilpin/
Jamie’s Twitter: twitter.com/jamiewo
Sprout Social: sproutsocial.com
5 Key Takeaways:
- Social media was invented as a way to communicate, and it should be used as such. It should be used both for mass communication and for one-on-one communication.
- Social is a great resource for discovering insights about your customers and your market.
- Brands should carefully analyze the way they communicate on social and the type of messaging they send, just like they would on email, live chat, or any other channel.
- B2B marketers should also take advantage of social. Social media is a place where consumers come not only to be entertained, but also to be educated, and educational content works well in a B2B context.
- As social becomes a core part of not only marketing strategy, but a brand's strategy as a whole, the company gets closer to the consumer, creates better products, and finds more success.
Jamie Gilpin is the Chief Marketing Officer at Sprout Social. Previously, Jamie was Chief Marketing Officer at Envoy, and before that was the VP of Marketing and Branding at CareerBuilder.
Marketing Trends is brought to you by our friends at Salesforce Pardot, B2B marketing automation on the world’s #1 CRM. Are you ready to take your B2B marketing to new heights? With Pardot, marketers can find and nurture leads, close more deals, and maximize ROI. Learn more by heading to www.pardot.com/podcast.
To learn more or subscribe to our weekly newsletter, visit MarketingTrends.com.